Guys, I have some really exciting news! I was nominated by the lovely Rebecca Cleary from Breathe Rebecca, Breathe for my first blogger award EVER! Since I haven’t even been blogging for a month I am absolutely thrilled! In order to win this award, I simply have to write 7 interesting facts about me and nominate 15 other bloggers. No matter if I win or not, I’m extremely excited to be part of this! This is like a first milestone and it means a lot to me. So thank you, Rebecca, for nominating me, and a big, big thank you to all the amazing people who take some time out of their day to read my blog!
Here we go!
1.I can only fall asleep on the right side of my body because if I lay on my left side I constantly hear my own heartbeat and that freaks me out!
2. I’m weird when it comes to eating habits: I absolutely hate certain things that most people love, such as watermelon and coffee (yes, I’m a college student who hates coffee, how do I even survive? 😛 ). I also put weird things on my sandwich: cream cheese (instead of butter), some kind of ham or salami, gouda cheese and tomatoes and pickles! And only in that order! I also mix literally everything that’s on my plate – salad, meat, potatoes, sauce, everything! Looks gross but tastes amazing (you should try it sometime).
3. When I was a kid I used to think that the whole world used to be black and white (because my parents photos were all black and white) and that it just suddenly turned into color in the 70s and 80s (which is why suddenly the photos were colored). Makes sense, right?
4. Even though I’m from Germany I was able to travel to 26 states already: Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, New York, Pennsylvania (my fav), West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina, Maryland, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Ohio, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan! I’m really thankful that I got to see all these amazing places already at only 19 years of age.
5. I can speak two languages fluently – English and German. I can speak one language kinda fluently (if I had a some more practice) – French. I know quite a few words and phrases in Spanish. I can understand Dutch (well, the everyday Dutch, not the political kind of Dutch). I know a few words in Italian and Turkish. Learning foreign languages has always been a great experience, not always easy, but definitely worth it!
6. When I was about 9 years old and going through my High School Musical phase I used to think that in the United States it’s a normal thing to just start singing and dancing on the last day of school. In fact, I used to think Americans generally always start singing and dancing randomly and somehow they all know the moves and the lyrics. Yeah, I was a weird child.
7. My sister and I are extremely close, sometimes even too close, because we created our own language! I’m not kidding! I’m pretty sure that’s confusing to a lot of people but oh well, at least we can talk about them without them knowing (hehe). We also have a lot of nicknames for each other, but I’m not going to mention these or you’ll think I’m completely out of my mind.
I hope you liked my 7 interesting facts about me and hopefully they were actually interesting and not boring! My nominations go out to:
- What Chelsea Wears
- Lucy Small
- My Blessings by Grace
- Brooke Clarke
- New Lune
- Blog City Bish
- Darly Darly
- Dreaming of Guatemala
- Life with Ariana
- Kelsey Schmitt
- Life with Karla
- Coffee & Concealer
- Lashes Love & Laughter
- Just JasmineElla
Good luck to all of you and thank you for nominating me again, Breathe Rebecca, Breathe !